Thursday 24 May 2012

The Miserables



A term that could probably be used to describe the hordes of students this time of year, traipsing to important examinations (I myself have just concluded the cycle of AS Levels.)

However, before my exam period, my school decided it would hold auditions for the musical, Les Miz, to take place next November. Of course my reaction was a mixture of uncontrolled glee and slight nausea from the prospect of singing in front of people at the audition. Now obviously my dulcet bass tones were set to impress, but I, just as much as anyone, get nervous!

So, when it came to my turn to belt out 'At the End of the Day' in a cockney accent, my hands were trembling...making it incredibly hard to focus on the words....but I think it went pretty well!

Les Miserables is an incredibly interesting musical. The way it explores the darker side of life is incredibly true to the story by Victor Hugo...not to mention it has some truly epic tunes!

My favourites are: At the End of the Day, I Dreamed a Dream (sung much better by the original West End Fantine, than by SuBo), Lovely Ladies, Master of the House, One Day More and Do You Hear the People Sing?

In fact, my obsession with this musical has led me to buy the entire soundtrack...watch exerts from the 25th Anniversary concert on YouTube...and now I am going to see it next week!

So excited.

Here are some videos!


This includes 'At the End of the Day', 'I Dreamed A Dream', 'Lovely Ladies' and 'Fantine's Arrest'. (yay!!!)


MASTER OF THE 'OUSE! QUICK T'CATCH YE EYE!


And the Finale (Including the Original West End Cast) - One Day More and Do You Hear The People Sing?

I love love love love love LOVE this musical!



No comments:

Post a Comment