Tuesday 29 May 2012

Ellen - why I love her.



Hey guys! Over the past few months I have been watching Ellen clips on YouTube, constantly cursing her for providing me with the ultimate distraction from work. I could often be heard screaming at the computer 'Ellen!! It's midnight!!! I have to do homework!!'

Ellen has a very giving nature, and I think she is one of the best examples of using success and influence to benefit others. She has done a lot of work with families who have hit hard times, Whitney Elementary, teen suicide and LGBT issues.

Not to mention her dance dares!!!!

However, Ellen has not been welcomed with open arms by everyone. The group 'One Million Moms' (who are more like 40,000) started and then backed off from a failed campaign against Ellen's being hired as the spokesperson for the department store, JC Penney. Their grounds for this were that Ellen is an open homosexual. How bigoted!!!

This reminds me of that crushing story about Dominic Sheahan-Stahl, who was initially going to do the commencement speech at his younger brother's high school graduation...but was turned away once his homosexuality was known to the bishop.

BEING a homosexual is apparently grounds for discrimination. This is not right.

Anyway. My favourite Ellen segments have to be: Clumsy Thumbsy, Oh Come On!...in fact...I love them all.

But today was the first time I actually watched a whole episode (I live in England)....mainly because I only found out today that I had the channel it showed on in the UK!

As anticipated...I loved it.

Here is a Clumsy Thumbsy to chuckle over!


Here is the website for her show.

No comments:

Post a Comment